Thursday, March 25, 2010

Injured again - Bugger!

Nothing to do with my boots, but yesterday I tore my calf muscle.  I was out on a walk going down a steep path in Arthurs Seat State Park, and stopped to talk with a couple of walkers heading up hill.  Unfortunately, I twisted around and put my foot down the hill behind me to steady me, and RIP!   Still about an hour's walk home before I could get some ice on it, and a quick visit to the physio later.   Luckily it's not a severe tear, so with a couple of days rest, the 'RICE' regime, and then starting stretching again, it should come good. 
It certainly feels better today, but can't afford to take any chances at this stage of preparation, so "slowly,slowly" will be the key - never easy words for me to follow!
Our local Red Hill show is on this Saturday, and I am showing alpacas, so it will be a long day - will just have to stay off my feet as much as possible, and try and keep some icing going.  This time in a fortnight I will be on my flight to Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment