Friday, March 19, 2010

Back on line again!

After a very frustrating 10 days offline while I changed ISP, I'm delighted I can again get online without visiting the local internet cafe!
Less than 3 weeks to go now - press releases have gone out, emails to all my friends and colleagues have been sent, and the total donated is now nearing $3000.00 .
I now have another new pair of boots - I was fortunate to find a Hi-Tec pair in my size in the 'remnants' box at Ray's tent city - as soon as I put them on I could feel the difference, and I couldn't wait to try them out - they have now survived the first break-in walk with flying colours!  Oh well - that's $230 down the drain, but I feel much more confident in facing the challenge in these than in the other new boots I had bought.
I now have a new 'smart phone', and quickly realised that the 'smart' tag may well be accurate in relation to the phone, but in no way does it cover the person holding it!  Fortunately, I have now been able to download the 310 page User's Guide, so will have to get in some speed reading to get it set up.  Fortunately, my son-in-law has kindly offered to load some programs and apps I may need, and to run me throught the installation process - phew!
It's now getting to the stage where it's hard to find time to continue my walking in addition to all the other outstanding matters, including preparing for the Red Hill Show on the 27th, but it needs to be done.   Have now been able to back up 2 days of 20kms plus in succession without any real problems, so I'm happy my preparations are on track.
Wish me luck, and if you haven't donated yet, please make a donation if you are able!
Ultreia.

No comments:

Post a Comment