Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Peninsula Trails

Have been enjoying walking the trails nearby - we have been here for nearly 4 years but had no idea how pretty these tracks are. Have been walking with a 12kg pack, and after many adjustments, I think I have finally got the adjustments right - it sits really well, and is not too hot, so I'm very happy with it.
Last weekend I walked 26 kms from Arthurs Seat to Cape Schanck along the Two Bays track - a really good training walk with lots of ups and downs, different terrain, roads in part, and some beautiful scenery to boot. Felt a bit tired at the end, but could easily have gone further if necessary, and don't think I would have had any trouble backing up again the next day - next weekend I will try back-to-back longer walks.
I have now decided to leave the camping gear at home and rely on booked accommodation on the way through.
Still working on the communications and data management gear, with great help from my son-in-law Chris. Have now managed to get GPS tracks for several sections of the track, and although there will be many uncharted areas, these will be a big help, particularly in Italy.
One thing I have not yet encountered is rain, as I need to try out my wet weather gear and pack water-tightness, so please pray for rain! The farm and the animals would love it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment