Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's all happening!


With less than 6 months before I leave, things are starting to come together.
My registration with the Leukaemia Foundation is underway as is my new website, and I am investigating the best way to organise donations and sponsorship.  A sponsorship from an equipment outfitter would be great, so keeping everything crossed.
My route is now pretty much determined, and daily stages will obviously be determined on the road, depending on such things as weather, fitness/health, and how much time I have left.  To complete the entire walk within 3 months will mean that I have very few free days, and little time for sightseeing in the various cities en route, although all my days will be full of new sights and challenges! 
One thing I will be careful about is to start slowly, as on my last Camino in 2002, circumstances 'forced' me to walk nearly 40 kms on my 2nd day, and I suffered for the rest of the journey because of it!    Have started working out with a personal trainer, and need to start updating my language 'skills' as my Italian is basic, my french is schoolboy at best, and my Spanish is minimal.
The next 6 months will fly, so every day is precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment